How To Change Your Homepage In Web Browser Of Windows
Table of Contents
Change Homepage In Internet Browser Of Windows: Article will show you a step by step procedure to modify the home page of some internet browsers from the list of top 10 browser for Windows PC. If you want to modify the home page of any browser which is not listed below, then write your experience/problem on the comment box, support team will reach you as soon as possible. Article contents the following things:
- How To Change Homepage In Google Chrome
- How To Change Homepage In Mozilla Firefox
- How To Change Homepage In Internet Explorer
- How To Change Homepage In Opera
Note: We write about the Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer , As it is widely used by the users.
What is a home page in Browser: A home page is the first page that opens after opening the browser. Means when we launch a web browser, it automatically opens a new window with a default home page.
Each browser has its own home page. Sometimes we face problem when a 3rd party application change our home page and we don’t like to open that page each time. On that case you can change your home page manually. People generally set any search engine like Google, Bing, Yahoo or mostly used website as the home page. So that they will easily reach to their need.
Also Check: Top 10 Best Antivirus For Windows 8.1
How To Change Google Chrome Homepage
Change Homepage Of Chrome: Follow the below steps to modify the default home page in Google Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome Browser.
- Click on “Chrome Menu” icon at the top right corner of the browser window (Right to address bar of the Google Chrome) and choose “Settings” to open Settings window of Google Chrome. OR
Type “chrome://settings/” (without quotes) in the browser address bar and hit “Enter”.
- On The “Appearance” you will get an check box “Show Home Button“. You must enable the option to use or modify the homepage.
- After checked that option. It will show you your home page as a drop down. Click on “Change” next to your default home page.
- It will open a pop up window to change your homepage. You will get two option.
- Use The New Tab Page: This option will open a blank new tab page window, when you launch the Google Chrome browser
- Open This Page: Manually set a URL for your home page
- Choose your required option and click on “OK“.
- That is it. Now close all the open window in chrome and reopen the browser to check the changes you have made.
Also Check: How To Start Private Browsing In Chrome
How To Change Mozilla Firefox Homepage
Change Firefox Homepage: Follow the below steps to modify the default home page in Mozilla Firefox Browser.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser
- Click on the “Menu” button at top right corner of the browser window just below the “Close” button and right to the address bar of the firefox and choose “Options“.
- Navigate to “General” tab of the open Options Window.
- Choose “Show my home page” from the drop down menu next to “When Firefox Starts” having the following option
- Show my home page: It will open the home page when firefox will start
- Show a blank page: it will open a blank window after firefox starts.
- Show my windows and tabs from last time: It will open all the last time closed window
- Enter or modify the URL of your homepage on the box next to “Home Page:” below the above drop down menu.
- Click On “OK“. Settings will be immediately activated.
- Close and open the Mozilla Firefox browser again to check the changes. That is it.
Also Check: How To Start Private Browsing In Firefox
How To Change Internet Explorer Home Page In Windows
Change Homepage In Internet Explorer (IE): Follow the below steps to modify the default home page in internet explorer of Windows (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10).
- Open Internet Explorer Browser
- Click on the “Settings” gear at top right corner below the close button and right to address bar of the browser.
- Choose “Internet Options” from the drop down menu and navigate to “General” tab on the Internet Options pop up window.
- Do the following changes:
- On the “Home Page” section choose your URL, that you want to set as homepage in Internet Explorer
- On “Start up” section choose “Start with home page.”
- Click On “Apply” and then “OK“
- That is it. Now your home page of Internet Explorer is changed.
Download: Internet Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts
How To Change Homepage In Opera
Change Opera Home Page: Follow the below steps to modify the default home page in Opera browser. On the latest version of Opera (Last Test On Opera version 28.0.1750.48), there is no home page button. But you can also choose a web page to open on startup.
- Open Opera Web Browser
- Click on “Opera” to open the opera menu on top left corner of the browser and choose “Settings” to open the settings window of Opera
OR press “ALT+P” from your Keyboard to open it using hot-keys.
- Navigate to “Browser” tab
- Choose one from following option in the “On Startup” section of Browser tab.
- Continue Where I Left Off: It will restore your closed tab and window from the last session
- Open The Start Page: It will open the default start page of Opera
- Open A Specific page or set of pages: It will open a set of page that you want to open on start up of Opera. To modify these pages click on “Set pages” next to the option
- Choose one from the 3 options. Settings will be automatically save. No need to click anywhere to apply the changes.
- Close the browser and reopen it to check the changes you have made. That is it.
Also Check: Best Codec For Windows Media Player